The Division of Undergraduate Education is pleased to present its Proposal for Support of International Student Growth and Campus Globalization.
The Vision of the proposal is
To become a model of a distinctive Internationalized Research University for inbound and outbound students, scholars, faculty, and visitors.
Initiatives, actions, and ideas contributing to this proposal include
- EVC Galloway's Five for 2015 goal of increasing undergraduate non-resident enrollment (5/31/2011)
- Office of Admissions International Recruitment and Committee on Admissions and Financial Aid focus.
- International Recruitment and Graduation Team (3/22/2012, first named Recruitment and Retention) and its Report (2/21/2013)
- The Committee on International Education's report, The Parlous State of International Education at UCSC (1/18/2013), supported also by the Committee on Planning and Budget (1/18/2013)
- Committee on Admissions and Financial Aid policy revision and goal setting (2/12/13)
- International Update, prepared for the Senate Executive Committee (2/26/2013)
- International Update II (6/26/2013)
- Appointment of the Interim Associate Dean of International Education (7/18/2013)
- External evaluation of International Recruitment and Strategy (9/10/13)
- Enrollment of over 100 new international students (9/23/2013)
- Appointment of the Special Advisor to the Chancellor for International Initiatives (10/8/13)
- Academic Senate feedback on the external evaluation (11/8/13)
- Committee on Planning and Budget feedback on a draft of the above proposal. (12/11/13)
As well as much work by Senate committees and units throughout campus.
Within Undergraduate Education, special thanks to Admissions, Advising, Campus Orientations, Council of Provosts, International Education Office, Strategic Programs, Summer Session, Associate Dean of International Education, Associate Vice Chancellor of Enrollment Management, Assistant Vice Provost of Strategic Programs, Assistant Dean of Resource Planning, Assistant Dean of Policy and Personnel, and IVPDUE.
Outside of Undergraduate Education, special thanks to Administrative Leadership Team, CAPS, CHES, ILC, Language Program, Writing Program, Chancellor, Special Advisor on International Initiatives, Associate Chancellor, Ben Crow (CIE), Dan Friedman (CPB), June Gordon (CAFA), Ian Little (CDB Solutions), Matthew Medenick (CAFA, CPB), Peter Minogue (ASL), and Matt Robinson (CIE).